The application for SFO and LEO can be accessed from the Utah State POST web-page found here. Please follow all instructions listed at the POST site. The application is filled out online and can be saved throughout the process of applying, after submitting your application please make an appointment with Sarah Strickley for application review.
Applications for session 18 will be accepted beginning January 1, 2023 with a deadline of July 21, 2023. Please be advised that space is very limited and applications should be submitted ASAP. SFO classes for the next session will begin September 2023, with the LEO session beginning January 2024. For questions or to see if seats are available, please contact Sarah at (435)652-7916.
Please use the following checklist to ensure you application to the POST Academy is complete. Checklist for POST Academy application:
- Entrance Exam Complete (NPOST) – NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRANCE INTO ACADEMY (may be required by department)
- Medical Release (not attached to application, turn in to Sarah before September)
- Birth Certificate (or naturalized citizenship number, upload to application)
- High School Diploma or Official Transcript (college or high school, upload to application)
- 1 Photo (upload to application)
- Application Complete (before August 15th, also make appointment for review)
- $200 deposit made to University (This is non-refundable, email copy of receipt to Sarah)
- To make this deposit online, please do so here: UT Touchnet (DEPOSITS)
- Completed Utah Tech University Student Admissions process and Sarah has registered you
You must apply to Utah Tech to become a student or be currently enrolled. To use FAFSA or GI Bill you must be in a degree seeking program. If paying out of pocket you may choose non-degree seeking. Please apply to Utah Tech here. For further assistance with admissions please call 435-652-7777.
Cadets seeking financial assistance and/or the GI Bill (veterans) will be required to take the College Placement Test (CPT) please contact Sarah at (435)652-7916, for more information.
Cadets seeking information on the GI Bill please contact Steve Roberts at (435)652-7699 or by email email@example.com.
If you don’t have a regular physician you can contact the UT Wellness Center, (435)652-7756, to make an appointment with their Nurse Practitioner. The cost for UT students is $10.00… Before you contact them you must be a UT Student! *Must be within 6 months of submitting application.
The drug screen is not required at the time of application, random drug screens will be held throughout the training.
Please check with Sarah to schedule a meeting to review your application.